The St. Baldrick’s Foundation welcomes grant applications for any of our funding categories, and we’re always happy to answer any questions you might have during the application process. Our grant categories are recommended by our Scientific Advisory Committee, and applications are reviewed by hundreds of volunteer reviewers.
Spring Grant Cycle
Spring cycle grants are funded based on scientific review. The following categories are available in the Spring Cycle. For 2020 eligibility and application information, please follow the category links below:
- St. Baldrick’s Scholars
- St. Baldrick’s International Scholars
- Research Grants
- Supportive Care Research Grants
- St. Baldrick’s Summer Fellows
Fall Grant Cycle
Fellows are funded based on scientific review. Infrastructure grants are funded based on need, expected outcomes, and local St. Baldrick’s participation, with a strong priority on geographic areas with no other St. Baldrick’s funding. The following categories are available in the Fall Cycle:
- Infrastructure Grants. For 2019 Infrastructure Grant eligibility and application information, please consult the 2019 St. Baldrick’s Foundation Infrastructure Grant Guidelines.
- 2020 Infrastructure Grant Guidelines will be posted when available.
- St. Baldrick’s Fellows. For 2020 St. Baldrick’s Fellowship eligibility and application information, please consult the 2020 St. Baldrick’s Foundation Fellowship Grant Guidelines.
- 2021 Fellowship Grant Guidelines will be posted when available.
St. Baldrick’s Robert J. Arceci Innovation Award
The St. Baldrick’s Foundation Robert J. Arceci Innovation Award (both US/Canadian and International) cannot be applied for; nominations are received and the award is granted at the St. Baldrick’s Foundation discretion. Please email Grants@StBaldricks.org for more details.
Here are some quick answers to a few frequently asked questions.
How do I apply?
Grant letters of intent (LOIs) and applications may be submitted online only through proposalCENTRAL. Please review this document for guidance on creating a new proposalCENTRAL account if you do not have one.
Spring Grant Schedule*
- Open for LOI’s – December
- Deadline for LOI’s – Late January
- LOI Decisions – February
- Full Application Deadline – late March/early April
- Award Begins – July 1
Fall Grant Schedule*
- Open for LOI’s– May
- Deadline for LOI’s– early July
- LOI Decisions – August
- Full Application Deadline – late August/early September
- Award Begins – December 1 or January 1 (Infrastructure), July 1 (Fellowship)
*Note: Submissions are due by 5pm EASTERN Time on all deadlines.
How do I submit the LOI/Application?
Please review this helpful document for instructions on creating an LOI/Application using proposalCENTRAL.
Am I eligible to apply?
Please consult the grant guidelines above to view all eligibility requirements for each grant type.
Where can I find the LOI instructions?
LOI Instructions are available under templates when you start the LOI in proposalCENTRAL. These instructions are also available here: