The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) believes a diverse scientific workforce is critical to achieving our mission of curing all blood cancers. Our Underrepresented Minority Medical Student Research Program provides minority medical students with opportunities to experience cutting-edge research alongside experienced blood cancer scientists.
Students will perform laboratory research for one year and will be provided with $75,000 for living expenses and up to $5,000 for relocation costs.
- Must be a 2nd—4th year medical student at an LCME-accredited medical school in good standing by the application due date
- Must be Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino(a), American Indian/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian/other Pacific Islander
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or a U.S. territory
- Applicants must submit:
- A personal statement detailing their interest in blood cancer research
- Most recent transcript
- A letter of support from a dean of the student’s medical school
- A second supporting letter from a professor or other doctoral-level administrator