The Clinician Scientist Development Grant (CSDG) supports junior faculty members in becoming independent investigators as clinician scientists. This grant is designed for people trained primarily as clinicians who want to maintain clinical practice and conduct cancer research.
You ARE eligible to submit a proposal if you:
- Work at a US academic institution or eligible non-profit
- Have a clinical license and play a role in clinical care
- Are within the first 6 years of starting a full-time faculty appointment
- Have had LESS than 3 years of mentored post-doctoral research experience (time spent in clinical-only training is not counted)*
- Have NOT had an NIH K-type or other mentored award
- Have NOT had an R-level or equivalent grant (> $100K/year for > 3 years) as PI
GRANT TERM AND BUDGET
Awards may be for 3 to 5 years (depending on the amount of mentored post-doctoral research training the applicant has had) with $135,000 a year for direct costs, plus 8% allowable indirect costs.