See, Test & Treat 2021 Program Grant Application
See, Test & Treat 2021 REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
The College of American Pathologists (CAP) Foundation cordially invites CAP Members in partnership with non-profit organizations to apply for funding to implement a See, Test & Treat® program within their communities in 2021.
Applications must be submitted online by Tuesday, September 15, 2020 using our online application system application website (link). Please review the following information to determine whether your institution would be eligible to apply for this funding.
See, Test & Treat is a CAP Foundation initiative that delivers free, pathologist-led cervical and breast cancer screening to vulnerable women in the United States.
CAP Members lead collaborative, multidisciplinary volunteer care teams to engage underserved patients in community health care services by offering same-day screening, results, education, and immediate access to follow-up care in a culturally appropriate setting.
In a single-day, culturally appropriate program, women receive a Pelvic and Clinical Breast Exam, a Pap test with same–day results, a Screening Mammogram with same-day or prompt results, connection to follow-up care plans, interpretive services, translated educational sessions and materials, and a healthy meal. More information can be found in the See, Test & Treat Standard Operations Manual. It is strongly recommended that applicants review this manual and this webinar prior to applying for grant funding.
Funding is open to all CAP Members. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, or national origin. The pathologist leader must be part of the on-site health care team providing diagnostic services at the See, Test & Treat program.
The CAP Foundation offers grants of up to $20,000 to support program expenses associated with carrying out the four components of the See, Test & Treat:
- Free Cervical Cancer and Breast Cancer Screenings for uninsured or under-insured women
- Same day results for cervical or breast cancer screenings
- Culturally, linguistically appropriate health education for your target communities
- Connection to care for any individual who is need of follow up diagnostic care or treatment, regardless of health insurance status
Applicants unable to meet all four of these components are not eligible to apply for funding.
- Applications will only be accepted through the Survey Monkey Apply system from July 31- September 15, 2020 for programs that will take place in 2021.
- Applicants may be contacted for additional information or clarifications by CAP Foundation staff during the review process
- Approved applicants will be notified of their award by Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
- Prior to beginning your application, please note the following:
- You must have confirmed support of this program by a College of American Pathologists (CAP) Fellow to apply and be eligible for funding. The CAP Fellow must provide an e-signature at the end of the application.
- Your organization must be a 501c3 organization or have a 501c3 partner for this program that is eligible to receive funds if you are awarded a See, Test & Treat grant. Please have the 501c3 number handy for your application.
- You will be required to demonstrate that you have the capacity for delivering the four core components of See, Test & Treat through letters of support (LOS) from your breast cancer screening provider, cervical cancer screening provider and host institution leadership. We have provided a LOS template for your convenience.
- You will be required to list up to three possible dates for your See, Test & Treat program- prior to submitting your application please confirm one or more of these dates with your partners.
- You will be required to submit your See, Test & Treat budget with your online application. We have provided an Excel worksheet template for your convenience.
If you have questions or comments regarding the See, Test & Treat application process or the program, please contact Julia Rankenburg at email@example.com or 847-832-7931.