In accordance with NOT-OD-21-069 and ongoing efforts to support family-friendly work environments for the NIH-supported workforce, this Notice of Special Interest requests applications for administrative supplements to support childcare costs on NRSA-supported Fellowship awards.
Applicants must have an active NIH-funded NRSA Fellowship award.
Fellows may request $2,500 per budget period for costs for childcare provided by a licensed childcare provider. Childcare costs are permitted for dependent children living in the eligible fellow’s home from birth under the age of 13, or children who are disabled and under age 18. Childcare costs do not apply to elder or non-child dependent care costs
Application and Submission Information
Applications to existing NIH NRSA Fellowships must be submitted using the following opportunity or its subsequent reissued equivalent.
PA-20-272 - Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Parent Admin Supp Clinical Trial Optional)
All instructions in the SF424 (R&R) Application Guide and PA-20-272 must be followed, with the following additions:
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning April 8, 2021.
- For funding consideration, applicants must include “NOT-OD-21-070” (without quotation marks) in the Agency Routing Identifier field (box 4B) of the SF424 R&R form. Applications without this information in box 4B will not be considered.
- Applicants must use the forms package with the Competition ID containing “ADMINSUPP-FELLOWSHIP”.
- Applicants must specify the requested childcare costs in field 28b (Supplementation from Other Sources: Amount, Number of Months, Type, and Source) on the PHS Fellowship Supplemental Form.
- Enter “Childcare Costs” (without quotation marks) as the Type.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to request childcare costs for all remaining years that the project will be funded based on the dependent(s)’ age eligibility factor. (e.g. if requesting 2 years, enter $5,000 in “Amount” and 24 months in “Number of Months”).
- In order to facilitate efficient processing of the request, applicants are strongly encouraged to notify the Grants Management contact at the Institute supporting the parent award that a request has been submitted in response to this FOA.