Boehringer Ingelheim is proud to provide Independent Medical Education Grant support for specific independent educational activities for healthcare providers that may translate to better management of disease and improvement in patient safety and population health. An independent educational program may be at the national, regional or local level and may include but is not limited to, live and interactive didactic presentations (e.g., symposia at major educational meetings, grand rounds, regional workshops), web-based programs, print and electronic monographs and other innovative educational formats.
Boehringer Ingelheim considers funding of activities both independently and through its alliance with Lilly USA, LLC in a variety of areas.
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
1. Increase clinicians’ understanding of the heterogeneity of disease among patients with NSCLC and the clinical impact of distinguishing between subpopulations (e.g. different histologies, different sub-types) to optimize therapeutic strategies.
2. Increase clinicians’ understanding of treating patients with EGFR positive NSCLC in the light of resistance mechanism after 1st line treatment with anti-EGFR agents.
3. Review the management of adverse events associated with the use of oral anti-EGFR agents.
4. Increase clinicians’ understanding of biology, incidence and treatment options for patients with NSCLC and uncommon EGFR mutations.
5. Increase clinicians’ awareness of Real World Data in patients with EGFR+ advanced NSCLC and its implications on patient management decisions.
6. Increase clinicians’ understanding of appropriate testing for advanced disease, emerging data on relevant genomic biomarkers and the changing treatment landscape in patients with metastatic squamous NSCLC.