The Mark Foundation Emerging Leader Awards support innovative cancer research from the next generation of leaders. These grants are awarded to outstanding early career investigators to support high-impact, high-risk projects that are distinct from their current research portfolio.
Here are some details about this call for proposals:
- MD, PhD, or equivalent is required.
- Applicants must be three to nine years from the start of an independent faculty research appointment as of December 31, 2021 (i.e., the official start date of the appointment must fall within the calendar years 2012-2018). Exceptions due to prolonged medical or family leave will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Note that we have extended eligibility to nine years from the start of an independent faculty research appointment from the usual eight years to allow for applicants who may have been in their final year of eligibility in 2020 and did not apply due to impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Term: $250,000 per year for three years beginning January, 2022.
- Letters of intent will be accepted through May 3, 2021.
- Visit our website for additional details and submission guidelines.